I have a little friend that I got to know reenacting the War Between the States and decided to make her a new little friend to play with at reenactments. The doll was named Rebecca and here are a few pictures of her and her things. The doll, thankfully, ended up being the correct size to fit into most 18″ doll clothes so dresses are very easy to find and make for her. Here are the pictures.

Project finished in March, 2015.



Her hair is made from wool yarn, her eyes are made from reproduction buttons – purchased from James Country Mercantile – her body his Muslin, and her dress is an 1860’s production cotton.


Another one of her dresses made from 1860’s production cotton. I used snaps on the back and arms of the dress despite their inaccuracy for the time period. I wanted something easy – so I used snaps.


The back of her crocheted shawl


The front of her shawl – hopefully it will keep her warm on those cool nights reenacting.


Her quilt. Made from all my reproduction fabric scraps. The blocks were cut at 1 1/2″ squares and finished at 1″. Hand-quilted the layers together.


The doll on her quilt.


I made her one more dress after she had left my possession – so Elsie had to model the last dress. Made from reproduction cottons.